Home Canada Prosecutor Details Evidence Behind Convictions in Murders of Quebec Couple
CanadaWorld News

Prosecutor Details Evidence Behind Convictions in Murders of Quebec Couple

Share
prosecutor-details-evidence-behind-convictions-in-murders-of-quebec-couple
Prosecutor Details Evidence Behind Convictions in Murders of Quebec Couple
Share
Prosecutor Details Evidence Behind Convictions in Murders of Quebec Couple

Jonathan Lehrer leaves court after being denied bail on charges related to the killings of Canadian businessman Daniel Langlois and his partner, Dominique Marchand, in Roseau, Dominica, on April 18, 2024. AP Photo/Clyde Jno Baptiste

A special prosecutor in the Caribbean nation of Dominica says an extensive international investigation helped convict two American men on July 28 of murdering Quebec entrepreneur Daniel Langlois and his partner, Dominique Marchand.

Langlois and Marchand’s bodies were found in Dec. 2023 inside a burnt-out vehicle near the luxury resort they owned in Dominica.

Keith Scotland says prosecutors called more than 46 witnesses during the month-long trial and also relied on evidence that included ballistics, DNA and phone records.

Scotland says Langlois died from multiple gunshot wounds, and a ballistics report could not rule out a firearm belonging to one of the accused, Jonathan Lehrer, as the source of the bullets.

Scotland says witness testimony also placed co-accused Robert Thomas Snyder Jr. near where gunshots were heard and later near the road where the couple’s burned vehicle was found.

Lehrer and Snyder have appealed their convictions and are expected to be sentenced in September.

Lehrer, an American property owner, had been involved in a years-long dispute with Langlois over road access to the couple’s resort.

Share
Related Articles

Flooding Leaves Farms, Homes Damaged After 3 Dike Breaches in Central China

A farming family in central China spent hours moving 194 pigs through...

Manitoba Property Owner Charged After Shots Fired at Vehicles of Suspected Thieves

A Manitoba man is facing charges after allegedly firing shots toward the...

Scuba Diver Is 2nd Ukrainian Arrested in Connection With Nord Stream Explosions

German authorities have arrested a second Ukrainian man and “trained scuba diver”...