Home Middle East US Ambassador to Israel Condemns Settler Violence Against Palestinian Homes in West Bank
Middle EastWorld News

US Ambassador to Israel Condemns Settler Violence Against Palestinian Homes in West Bank

Share
us-ambassador-to-israel-condemns-settler-violence-against-palestinian-homes-in-west-bank
US Ambassador to Israel Condemns Settler Violence Against Palestinian Homes in West Bank
Share
US Ambassador to Israel Condemns Settler Violence Against Palestinian Homes in West Bank

Palestinians walk past a burnt car in Susya village after it was allegedly set on fire by Israeli settlers from a nearby settlement, south of Hebron in the West Bank, on Feb. 25, 2026. Hazem Bader/AFP via Getty Images

U.S. Ambassador to Israel Mike Huckabee condemned Israeli settlers for besieging three homes in the West Bank, including one owned by a Palestinian American.

In an Aug. 12 post on X, Huckabee said the U.S. Embassy in Jerusalem “has been VERY involved & the IDF & Israel Police have gone at our request to remove the Israeli terrorists doing this.”

He called the actions of the settlers “criminal.”

“Actions by those who carried out this horrific act of terror meant to intimidate and harass this family are disgusting,” he said. “No excuse for such thuggish behavior.”

According to local officials, Palestinian American homeowner Loui Ridi’s and his brother’s houses were surrounded by settlers, sometimes numbering dozens, in the village of Qusra starting on Sunday.

The settlers, they said, threw stones, tried to demolish a nearby stone wall, and stopped the residents from leaving despite them running low on food and water.

The Israel Defense Forces (IDF) have become involved in an attempt to bring about calm.

They moved Ridi’s brother, Qusai Abu Rida, on Aug. 13 to another home after he and his teenage son stayed in their house to defend it.

Qusai Abu Rida and his son are unable to leave the area, which is about 10 miles from Nablus, a Palestinian city.

The IDF said that it detained one Israeli and took apart “two illegal outposts” close to the homes on the outskirts of Qusra and a nearby village.

Additional soldiers were deployed to “carry out defensive missions and patrols,” according to the military.

Israeli soldiers have evacuated and occupied six homes in Qusra, including the three homes that were besieged by settlers, according to the town’s mayor, Abed Al Athem Wadi.

In a statement, the United Nations said that some 15 Palestinians, including two children, were “being trapped inside their homes ​in a state of terror, unable to attend to their basic needs and without access to water or electricity.”

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has come under fire from Palestinians and opposition leaders for not forcefully responding to settler violence in the West Bank, which Israel captured in the 1967 Middle East war.

The area is home to some 3 million Palestinians and 500,000 Israeli settlers.

The Associated Press and Reuters contributed to this report.

Share
Related Articles

Brazilian Police Say at Least 23 Killed in Minibus and Truck Crash

Brazilian police say at least 23 killed in minibus and truck crash....

Death Toll in Mine Collapse in Central African Republic Rises to More Than 100

The map shows the general location of an artisanal mine collapse in...

Minerals Council Vows to Fight Victorian Mining Fee Rises of Up to 400 Percent

Victorian Energy and Resources Minister Jaclyn Symes. She previously served as treasurer...

Wong to Summon Israeli Ambassador Over IDF Findings on Aid Worker’s Death

Foreign Affairs Minister Penny Wong has said Australia is “outraged” that the...